STUDY IN NEW YORK CITY!
Enrollment Steps for Canadian Students applying to Bramson ORT (F-1):
Steps for Canadians to go to school in USA:
- Apply to Bramson ORT College as an International Student
- School issues I-20
- Student brings I-20 to U.S Embassy to get F-1 Visa, passport, and SEVIS free receipt
- U.S Embassy stamps passport with the F-1 Visa
- Students should be able to show proof of ties to Canada such as family, bills, house, etc. and also answer border officials as to where they will be staying during their course of study and that they will return to Canada after their course of study
*(Students should be able to show proof of ties to Canada such as family, bills, house, etc. and also answer border officials as to where they will be staying during their course of study and that they will return to Canada after their course of study)
Another drawing point
Optional Practical Training for F-1 students is intended to provide hands-on practical work experience complementary to the academic program. An F-1 student is normally eligible for a MAXIMUM OF 12 MONTHS. After completion of a 2-year degree at Bramson ORT College, students who want to continue their education at a higher level can transfer credits to another educational institution in New York. If a student begins a new academic program at a higher level (e.g., master’s after bachelor’s degree, or PhD after master’s), the student is eligible for an additional 12 months of OPT.
NOTE: Certain science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) degree holders may be eligible for an additional 17 months of OPT time in addition to the regular 12 month OPT.
Post Completion Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for Optional Practical Training, you must:
- Apply for working Authorization card
- Have been lawfully enrolled on a full-time basis for one full academic year;
- Work in a job directly related to your major field of study
Please note that students in English language training programs are not eligible for practical training. If you are uncertain whether you meet the eligibility requirements, please meet with an advisor in the Office of International Programs, International Student and Scholar Services (OIP-ISSS).
Types of OPT
OPT is available in the following cases:
- Part-time or full-time during the student's annual vacation and at other times when school is not in session, if the student intends to register for the following semester
- Part-time while school is in session with the school only
- Full-time after completion of the course of study
Contact Admissions at: 718-261-5800 ext. 135 to learn more about the Enrollment Process for Canadian Students and how you can transfer your credits. Click here to learn more about OSAP
View the list of Degree Programs we offer and
Sign up for more information